The Wick Vol 1 Issue 2 - Reduce Stress, Increase Productivity
After a long day of work, the last thing you want to come home to, or come to the realization to if you wfh, is clutter and an unclean home. Clutter according to the Meriam Dictionary is a crowded or confused mass or collection, no wonder for most of us it makes it really hard to concentrate. Although, I am not a doctor and cannot say that 100% of reducing your stress lies in a clean home. I will say after decluttering and maintaining my clean home it has made me less stress, more productive, gave my home an instant lift and reduced my anxiety. It has also been my free outlet and easy way besides working out to get a daily gold star with a dosage of accomplishment, which I like to say I desire as a calming Aries. By adding a home care routine, along with my self care routine, I gained a sense of home peace I have not felt since being in my childhood home. Waking up and lighting a candle in a decluttered home gives you the perfect combination of aromatherapy and peace. Creating a more organized and tidy space for you to live in, free's up some clutter in your mind too. Think about being able to use that "free mind" space to feed your creative wants.
Start with just these 5 tips to declutter your home!
- Start by setting a goal and a timeframe for your decluttering project.
- Begin with one area of your home and focus on decluttering and cleaning that space completely before moving on to the next one.
- Sort items into categories such as keep, donate, or toss, and be honest with yourself about what you really need and use. If you haven't used it in the last 5 years ITS GOTTA GO!
- Consider using storage solutions such as bins, baskets, and shelves to keep your items organized and easy to find. Five Below, HomeGoods, Ross, and Burlington has some really nice storage organizers at affordable pricing.
- Make decluttering and cleaning a regular habit by setting aside time each week to maintain your newly cleaned and organized spaces. Don't go to bed with a piled up dinner table, a clutter desk, or night stand. Make it your business to tidy up after each day.
Now that you got self care down packed, lets get home care down packed topping it off with aroma therapy. After decluttering and cleaning, top of your accomplishment with a candle. A scented candle, also produces a pleasurable scent that can uplift you, take you down memory lane, or even soothe you. Creating a calm, warm, and cozy atmosphere, you hear that? It's your home telling you its ready for it's care day!